Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stripes, Wide Leg Trousers and Loose Waves

I must say, I've really been adoring stripes lately. Pair it with classic skinny pants and ballet flats and you'll have the perfect outfit for gallivanting around town, lunch with the ladies or running errands. To vamp up your look for the evening add a fitted black blazer, a flouncy skirt and ankle booties.

Audrey Hepburn looking lovely as always

Coco Chanel set the pavement for sailor chic
Kate Moss and Rachel Bilson add a pop of color instantly adding panache to their look


   J Crew has a sailor tee that is comfortable enough to sleep in

                                                       

Jeans by Madewell
Sam Edelman wedge booties


I am also loving the wide leg trouser. Whether denim or traditional pant, this sophisticated look pays homage to the seventies. I know that I have practically worn holes in my skinny jeans, though the wide leg is stylish, sexy and elongating.

 

No one rocks the wide leg trouser better than fashion icons 
Diane Keaton and Bianca Jagger  

                                 
                                         
Here are some modern takes on the classic style

   Katie Holmes, Chloe and Derek Lam runway




Lastly, nothing says sexy more than loose waves. Sultry, voluminous waves are coveted and you can have it too! It is like icing on the cake. I like looks from Blake Lively, Demi Moore, Heidi Klum and Sarah Jessica Parker. It truly adds va va voom without looking too overdone.

























4 comments:

  1. Thank you :)
    Audrey Hepburn was wondeful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have touched on so many of my favorites here! First, I have an obsession with nautical stripes. I have been living in skinnies, but I am looking for the perfect pair of wide leg trousers, and I also love my Moroccan oil!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog...it more than makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for commenting on my blog.
    I love your blog. Your style and vibe are great. Also anyone who includes some hepburn in a winner.

    Please follow me back, id really appreciate the support!

    http://clothesovercarbs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the informative article! flare leg trouser jeans that has wide range of collection for this festive reason.

    ReplyDelete