Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Pop of Red

Spruce up your wardrobe this S/S '11 with a pop of red. This color is invigorating, carefree and adds a touch of va va voom without being over the top. It is best worn interspersed into your wardrobe rather than a full-blown ensemble.

Audrey Hepburn adds a splash of fun in a red cardigan
Red pairs great with dark denim

Gucci's advertisement offers punches of red color

Cherry tomato, scarlet, crimson, fire engine, wine and candy apple are just some of the gorgeous hues that red offers. I think red looks amazing with dark denim, brown leather accessories, white, black or silver. Or color block like Gucci's ad with other bold colors like a bright royal purple or cool teal blue.


Adorable tee from Madewell (I love stripes!)

Boden silk top (for under $70!)
Anthropologie red frock
BB Dakota red shorts

Red Rag & Bone Jeans
Red shoes add panache to any outfit
 Dior advertisement
  
I have a pair of these red Sam Edelman slingbacks

These Dolce Vita's are darling too
Stonewashed TOMS are on my Spring wish list
Accessorize in Anthropologie's red woven belt


Go ahead and sizzle in bold and beautiful reds!

13 comments:

  1. I might just have to try some of your suggestions. For whatever reason I have been AFRAID to wear red most of my life -lame I know. To me, it's so bold and powerful and I feel like I'm calling everyone in the room to look at me!

    I just need to start in small doses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the first image! the weather has been so gray that it makes me want to wear pops of red
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a love/hate relationship with red for some reason- but I agree, a pop of it is perfect. especially right now, I need to shake the winter blues. I'm pretty sure those rag and bone jeans will do the trick... Officially added to spring wish list!
    And ps - isn't Audrey Hepburn just perfection? Love her!!

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that "Anthropologie red frock", it's cute! Following you honey :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the things u got on the collage. The flip flops are super adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought a red skirt at H&M yesterday! This post makes me excited to wear it tomorrow.

    I have those red TOMS. Get them. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh the Gucci campaign is awesome and how cute is the Madewell shirt and the Dolce Vita shoes!

    Thanks for your sweet comment and great minds think alike - I'm all for bright colors now!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment!
    I love your blog!
    I'm now a follower (:
    I'm seeing red everywhere in stores now actually.
    & I have this red purse from Urban Outfitters that works with almost every outfit!
    Red is perfect accessorie (:

    gloriousdaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, red has always been my pick-me-up color. I even use it in summers to give a dash of color to my outfits. Sometimes a red lipstick on a somber outfit completes the look for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the anthro dress! i am wearing red flats today :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. red shoes
    red dress
    red lips
    so cute! :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the comment! I love red in all that it can gives you! Shine, sexy, pin up, light! beijosssss

    following you ...follow me ?

    cougarvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't own much red, but I love the idea of a pair of red shoes to add a "pop" to my outfit. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete